Tuesday, August 18, 2015

English Camp

I apologize for the delay, I have been rather busy recently with work, travel, and just getting my living situation squared away.

To start, shortly after my last blog I helped run an English Camp over the weekend of the 8th.  It is for students all over the prefecture. They sign up and attend a 3 day camp where during the day they work with us on English speaking activities. It was a surprising amount of fun. Since it's completely voluntary, many students were quite eager to use English, and the activities were quite fun. We had a day where the students organized presentations of Japanese culture in English. These included watching and playing a koto, which is similar to a giant lap guitar, learning calligraphy, writing haikus, watching kendo, and playing kendama. I regret not learning how to use a kendama over the many months at APEX when people were playing with them now...  The camp kids presented these cultural activities to a group of British Scouts which came to camp on the 3rd day. Apparently boy and girl scouts from across the world had a big camping trip which happened in Japan this year. Also, sorry for the lack of photographs, much like my school, there are rather strict rules on photographs of students here
in Japan.



No comments:

Post a Comment